Why You Must Try to Burglarize Your Own Property
They say that the best way that you can identify weak spots in your house is to try to burglarize it. This works well for many people, although it may sound a little awkward. Think about getting inside your own house using simple tools which you might think a burglar can use.
By doing this, you will be able to think of better ways to protect yourself and your family from those who may be planning to break in. Most people are surprised to find out how easy it is to get inside without being noticed.
It is always a means for them to realize that their home security devices may not be enough to secure them from a persistent burglar. Here are some of the ways that you can do to burglarize your home:
- Start with the door. Can you pry-open your front door? Are the materials strong enough to withstand heavy banging or a good, hard kick? Are locks sufficient enough to restrain a forced-entry?
- Then go on and proceed with your window entry. Do you have windows that can be opened because they have no wooden or metal poles that are attached to the window frames?
- How about trees next to the windows? Can they be used as a way to climb through and get inside?
- How secure is your garage door? Can it be used to get into the main residence?
- Do you have ladders and tools (knives, shears) that can be used by burglars to break a glass door or window?
Only you can answer these questions as you go along. It is important to have someone else evaluate your property if you think you need assistance for your improving your home security. Remember that prevention is still the best solution to avoid a burglary.